Playdays Nursery opened its doors in November 2006, providing a safe and secure setting for childcare in Thetford and its surrounding area. Owned and managed by Kerry Shephard who has over 20 years’ experience, Kerry is also our Safeguarding Lead Practitioner.
We have a team of 12 staff, all of whom have been checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service for suitability to work with children. All staff are trained in Paediatric First Aid, and receive regular Safeguarding and Child Protection training too.
Each of our rooms are led by a fully qualified practitioner and supported by a team of staff.
Our nursery practitioners will work in accordance with statutory requirements and guidance within the Early Years Foundation Stage and Every Child Matters framework. Staff will observe children and plan opportunities whilst providing a rich and stimulating environment, where children can play freely or engage the interactions of positive caring adults. The Nursery also has strong links with local schools and childrens centres.
- Playdays Nursery will provide a warm and welcoming environment to every child and their family.
- We will provide an inclusive environment free from prejudice and criticism.
- We will provide an environment where children can be children - where they can explore, learn and develop as individuals, to help them have recognition of their achievements and potential, to be proud of who they are. Where they can be safe, free from harm and feel secure in our care.
- We will provide an environment where the parent feels supported - an open door policy to share concerns and worries. We recognise the importance of the parent as well as the child - Parents are their childrens first teachers.
- Our Nursery staff are experienced and qualified, they have continuation of training to ensure they remain up to date with Early Years requirements and legislation, learning new skills and techniques to support each and every child.
- We are proud to have a committed team - encompassing the Nursery as ONE - allowing children the freedom to explore new areas, making new friendships. Staff will fully support transitions into new rooms helping your child settle in and feel happy. The Nursery supports transitions into Reception Class when the time arrives ensuring this is an enjoyable new experience.
- We recognise that happy children learn - Our goal is to give your child the best start in their education journey.
- Every child will have their own ‘Learning Journey’: a diary of their days at Nursery. Recording their development levels and tracking their progress will help us to assess if any
additional support is needed. The children’s diary will contain photos of their interactions, play and learning during their time at Playdays.